Crown Kia of Tyler Supports Breast Cancer Research

Breast Cancer Awareness MonthEvery October, trees start turning shades of red, yellow, and orange. But almost everywhere else, you will see bright shades of pink. This is because October is recognized as Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Here at Crown Kia of Tyler, we support breast cancer research and the various programs and organizations dedicated to this.

Earlier this year, we helped support the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure® held here in Tyler, Texas. This event raises money for both local and national breast cancer research and support. 75% of all the money raised stays in the community to fund programs like screenings, treatment services, breast cancer education, and more. The remaining 25% is put towards national research for early detection, understanding metastasis, and improving treatment options

At this year’s event, participants were able to raise over $20,000 to put towards these goals. This race is usually held each year in early May and includes a Survivor Breakfast, a 5K competitive run, a one-mile run or walk, and an awards ceremony. Be on the lookout for more information in early spring so you can sign up, join a team, and start raising your money.

Here at Crown Kia of Tyler, we’re always ready to lend a hand to a good cause in our community, and we hope you share our sentiment.

You may also like...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *